One of the many challenges we face as moms is what to pack for those outings with our toddlers and preschoolers. We all know that healthier choices are made a home, but it does take planning and time to make sure that you pack great snacks when you are on-the-go.
Here are our momstown favourite snacks-to-go;
1. Dip it! All kids love to dip whether its carrots and hummus or apples and yogurt, it's healthy and good for moms and kids!
2. Buy it! Pre-packaged Toddler snacks are easy and good for toddlers, in a pinch.
3. Pumpkin Spice Energy Balls on the Go- this gluten and nut-free snack is a simple treat to make and even freeze.
4. While granola bars might be your usual grab and go snack, try the new no-sugar added varieties like these from SunRype.
5. Freeze it! Mini Muffins are a great snack to have on hand and freeze easily. These banana chocolate chip muffins are so moist and low in sugar and fat.
6. Older kids will enjoy these ooey gooey Shreddies popcorn peanut butter treats for a quick snack-on-the-go.
7. Squeezable fruit is fun to take on the run for toddlers- be sure to check the ingredients for added sugars!
8. Nut butter (or soy butter) plus oatmeal and some chia and flax will create these portable balls of healthy yumminess!
9. Roll it! If you have a dehydrator at home, you and your child should make some homemade strawberry fruit roll ups to take with you!
10. Yogurt drinks are perfect for travelling and now you can get them with a spill-proof, resealable lid!
11. Make it fun to go! Cut sliced meat and cheese into cute shapes or on toothpicks and healthy snacks are easier to pack and go!
12. Mix it up! Raisins, Goldfish crackers, pretzels and cereal tossed together is a perfect mix on the run!