With warm weather officially upon us, what could be nicer than bringing a piece of Italy to your patio this summer? Preparing a delicious, light pasta dish with friends and family is the perfect way to make some great summer memories.
Not only is pasta a crowd-pleaser, but it’s also a quick and easy dish you can prepare in advance for a summer barbecue or outdoor meal – which gives you more time to spend outdoors with the kids all day!
Why not cook up Barilla Rotini with Plum Tomato Sauce and Chevre for your family this weekend?
Rotini 1 box (454 g)
Pecorino cheese (made from sheep's milk) chevre, softened 3.5 oz (100 g)
Marjoram coarsely chopped fresh 1 tbsp (5 mL)
Ricotta cheese 1/3 cup (75 mL)
Extra virgin olive oil divided 1/3 cup (75 mL)
Grape tomatoes 1-3/4 lbs (825 g)
Red (cayenne) pepper flakes, or to taste 1/4 tsp (1 mL)
Garlic chopped 1 clove
Salt to taste
Pepper to taste
1. Cook Rotini according to package directions.
2. In a small bowl, mix together chevre and ricotta cheeses and marjoram. Stir in 2 tbsp (30 mL) of the oil. Season with salt and pepper; set aside.
3. Blanch tomatoes, a few at a time, in a medium pot of boiling water for about 1 minute. Remove with a slotted spoon into a bowl of cold water. Remove skin and seeds. Dice into 1/2-inch (1 cm) pieces; set aside.
4. In a large skillet over medium heat, heat remaining oil. Add red pepper flakes and garlic sautéing until garlic turns slightly yellow. Stir in tomatoes, season with salt; cook for three minutes over high heat.
5. Drain pasta and toss with the tomato sauce. Serve with a spoon of cheese mixture over the top of each serving.
Energy value 730Kcal - Kj
We’re also thrilled to share the news that Barilla Canada is launching a brand new pasta line called Barilla PLUS®, with added nutrients! Stay tuned for more details and recipes in the coming months.
How would you like to enjoy Barilla pasta for an entire year for free?! Barilla Canada is giving away “Barilla for a Year” as part of its #MyBarillaRecipe promotion and you could win! Enter starting May 15th for your chance.
For more recipes, visit barilla.ca or check out the Facebook page at www.facebook.com/barillacanada!