Our momstown Edmonton chefs made delicious Cheesy Biscuits. They loved being able to grate the cheese and knead their dough. And they turned out so yummy! This would be a great recipe to use for breakfast sandwiches!
1 C flour
I T baking powder
1 T sugar
1/4 t sugar
1/4 C margarine (cold)
1/2 C milk
1/2 C grated cheese (whichever type of cheese you like, we used cheddar)
1. Heat oven to 425 F/230 C
2. Measure and mix dry ingredients
3. Cut in margarine using a pastry blender or two knives.
4. Add cheese and mix.
5. Add milk a little at a time using a fork until a soft dough forms.
6. Knead on a floured surface until dough is not sticky.
7. Roll dough to 1/4-1/2 inch thickness.
8. Cut out biscuits.
9. Place on ungreased cookie sheet 2 cm apart.
10. Place in oven on center rack and bake for 10 min until bottoms are golden brown.