Looking for something different to do with the kids at lunch time? Try to set a Pirate’s lunch up – but be prepared for some mess!
How to do a Pirate’s Lunch:
1. Have your little pirates pretend to be on their ship. Sail around for a little while looking for land.
2. While they are busy on their ship, make a big batch of spaghetti and sauce. Have it ready to go. Set aside to keep it warm.
3. In a box, set aside some odd kitchen utensils that are child safe – a whisk, measuring cups, spatula, wooden spoon etc. Put in a box.
4. Wait! While the pirates are sailing, a storm rolls in causing the boat to rock and OH NO! Shipwreck!
5. Once all your pirates have recovered from the ship wreck and realize they are stranded on the island, it’s probably a good idea to eat.
6. Realizing that the shipwreck has lost most of your cooking supplies and utensils, your pirates will have to eat with what can be found. Discover the box of kitchen utensils.
7. Without looking inside the box, each pirate has to pick their utensil to eat with.
8. Have your pirates sit down to their spaghetti and see the fun as they try to eat with the odd utensils. Be creative with their drink cups too!
After a full lunch, your pirates should clean up and try to get off that island!!
Have fun, matey!